Invisalign and Orthodontic Options in Provo
If you are ready to have a straighter, more beautiful smile there are a number of options out there for straightening teeth. While ultimately the end result of Invisalign vs braces is the same, a straighter, more beautiful smile, there are some definite differences between how both methods get you the smile that you desire. Our Provo team wants to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision on whether Invisalign braces or metal braces are your best option for straightening teeth in Utah County.
Comparing Invisalign vs. Braces
- Convenience – Invisalign braces use special aligner trays that are removable. Unlike metal braces, they are not attached to your teeth, and can be taken out whenever you need to, or want to.
- Food – Because Invisalign braces are removable, it means you don’t have to worry about the types of food you eat. If you want to eat something, you can just take your Invisalign braces trays out, eat the food you’re craving, and put them back in again when you’re done.
- Dental Hygiene – Metal braces can make it hard for you to keep your teeth as clean as you would like. Because Invisalign braces can be taken out, it means you can continue to maintain your teeth as normal. Brushing and flossing, unlike with metal braces, can be done just like you did before you started using Invisalign!
- Time – Invisalign in most cases take less time to use than traditional metal braces to help you straighten teeth. In most cases, Invisalign braces take approximately nine months to a year, or less!
- Appearance – Because Invisalign braces use a clear, invisible looking plastic, most people will not notice you are straightening your teeth. Metal braces with all of their wires and brackets are highly noticeable, and can make some social occasions more problematic.
We want you to be able to have a beautiful, straighter smile, and all of the confidence a beautiful smile can provide. Our Provo dentist team is ready to help answer your questions, so if you have any questions or are interested in getting started with Invisalign, please contact us today if you are in Orem or Utah County!